InVia Fertility Specialists is a contracted preferred provider for most major insurance companies. We accept most PPO and HMO plans.
In addition, Illinois has mandated infertility insurance for companies with more than 25 workers, or HMOs with established provider networks inside Illinois. This insurance may cover costs including diagnosis and treatment. Diagnosis includes exams, tests and procedures that determine what may be preventing conception. Treatment includes the measures used to bring about conception and birth.
Asking About Infertility Insurance Benefits
While infertility treatment coverage is mandated by Illinois state law, it is always a good idea to contact your insurance company or employer directly to inquire about the specifics of your insurance benefits. When asking about your coverage, you should address the following questions:
- Do I need a referral to see a reproductive endocrinologist?
- Are my benefits considered in-network or out-of-network for a reproductive specialist?
- How much of my deductible has been met?
- Is there a pre-existing period?
- Is diagnosis for infertility covered?
- What is my coverage on treatment for infertility? Is intrauterine insemination covered? In vitro fertilization covered?
- What coverage do I have for medications needed for my treatment?
- Is there a maximum allowance for infertility treatment, either in terms of costs or number of procedures?
- Does the plan cover treatment after voluntary sterilization?
Call Us With Questions about Insurance and Fertility Treatment
Helping you know what your insurance covers is an important part of assisting you on your pathway to pregnancy. If you have questions about affording infertility treatment or about whether we accept your specific plan, please contact us at (847) 884 – 8884 today. We are here to help!