Registered Nurse (RN) Hoffman Estates
No phone calls from applicants or recruiting agencies will be accepted.
InVia Fertility Specialists is a state-of-the-art Chicago fertility clinic with a strong patient-centered focus. Our highly trained staff understand the importance of maintaining a supportive and comfortable environment for each patient.
We have four convenient Chicago fertility clinics in the north and northwest suburbs. There we offer a full range of assisted reproductive technologies including non-donor and donor egg IVF, egg freezing, intrauterine (artificial) insemination, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, assisted zona hatching, intracytoplasmic sperm injection, testicular sperm aspiration, fertility surgery, and more.
We are a growing practice that recently added another doctor to our staff. We are looking for an outgoing, comforting, empathetic, and team-oriented Registered Nurse to join our ever growing practice.
This position may require an early start at 7:30am (as we open at 6am), may require coverage at our other office in Crystal Lake and will require working some weekends (not all) with a staff rotation for coverage. You will be compensated additionally for any weekend hours worked. Must be a team player and willing to help out coworkers.
Benefits for this position are:
- Very Generous Paid Time Off
- Monthly Massages
- Phlebotomy and specimen collection.
- Physician assistance in procedures for all four branches.
- Assist clinical staff with telephone triage.
- Complete required health documents for insurance processing.
- Liaison between clinical staff and laboratory services.
- Review laboratory results with physician and patients.
- Prepare and review forms and documents necessary for infertility treatment.
- Require knowledge in general operating of ultrasound machine.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily results.
- Inform embryology of patient ART cycle progress.
- Provide nurse education for patients in all aspects of infertility care and surgery.
- Appropriate documentation of all patient contact.
- Required to participate in on-call rotation.
- Coordinated patient infertility treatment cycle with the clinics’ schedules.
- Responsible for scheduling surgeries in the hospitals.
- Maintain sterile and clean environment for procedural area.
- Assist physicians in all aspects of procedures (Scrub, circulate, schedule, clean, etc.)
- Set up and maintains sterile fields.
- Inform all departments of procedure schedule.
- Maintains and evaluates all paperwork generated for procedures.
- Responsible for facilitating follow up contact with post procedure patients.
- Facilitate admission and discharge of all procedure patients.
- Responsible for reviewing and ordering patient medication.
- Proficient in pap, vaginal cultures, and IUIs.
- Proficient in starting IVs.
- Proficient in administering IV push medications.
- Learn to do semen analysis- if necessary
- Education: Certified as Registered Nurse. Associate Degree in Nursing. ACLS and CPR certified. Basic PC knowledge required.
- Experience: A minimum one year experience in women’s health setting.
- Personal characteristics: Good interpersonal abilities, good communication skills, people oriented, but must have sound judgment.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred but not necessary.
- Job Type: Full-time
InVia Fertility has administered all COVID-19 protocols that applies to the practice.